What is European SME Week?
Coordinated by the European Commission, this campaign promotes enterprise across Europe in line with the Small Business Act for Europe.
It is taking place in 37 countries, so events and activities – national, regional or local – will be as close as possible to existing and potential entrepreneurs.
These events – organised by business organisations, business support providers and national, regional and local authorities – will also enable existing companies to share their experience and develop further themselves.
Last year's European SME Week (2013)
Over 1500 events were held across Europe in 2013. Some examples:
- Think "Out of the Box" Actions and Benefits for Business Women, held in Paphos, Cyprus
- Seminar on Good service - each company's path to success, in Estonia
- Europe 2020 Strategy for Growth: Promoting business partnerships in Greece in Athens, Greece
- Success Stories and Services of the Enterprise Europe Network in Hungary
- Women in Enterprise Seminar, in Drogheda, Ireland
- Employment Rights and Obligations for SME Employers in Malta
- Internet marketing to increase SMEs' competitiveness on the EU single market in Lublin, Poland