What is European SME Week?
Coordinated by the European Commission, this campaign promotes enterprise across Europe in line with the Small Business Act for Europe.
It is taking place in 37 countries, so events and activities – national, regional or local – will be as close as possible to existing and potential entrepreneurs.
These events – organised by business organisations, business support providers and national, regional and local authorities – will also enable existing companies to share their experience and develop further themselves.
Last year's European SME Week (2012)
Close to 1,500 events were held across Europe in 2012. Some examples:
- Financial Reporting Standards for SMEs in Turkey, held in Antalya
- Your Big Business Idea Roadshow in 5 towns in Ireland
- Promotion of Female Entrepreneurship seminar in Sombor, Serbia
- e-Learning in the Digital World in Porto, Portugal
- "A Billion for Innovation for SMEs in 2O12" in 11 cities, Poland
- Speak the EU Business Language in Valcea, Romania
- Innovative SME Networks in Emerging Regions in Seville, Spain