Contact Enforcement Authorities
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) IPR Help Desk
- Intellectual Property Rights e-Recordation (IPRR) in U.S.
- EU Customs actions
- U.S. International Trade Commission Trade Remedy Assistance Program
- U.S. Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Small and Minority Business (ITAC 11)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) IPR Attorney Consultations
- U.S. IPR Seizure Statistics
- EU Customs statistics
U.S. CBP’s IPR Help Desk provides the public and CBP officers with information on IPR border enforcement procedures and receives allegations of IPR infringement. In addition, the IPR Help Desk is ready to assist owners of recorded IPRs to develop product identification training materials to assist officers at U.S. ports of entry.
The IPR Help Desk can be reached at + 1 (562) 980-3119 ext. 252, or via email at email@example.com.
U.S. Custom and Border Protection’s (CBP) on-line recordation allows owners of rights recorded in the United States to electronically record their trademarks and copyrights with CBP. E-recordation makes IPR information readily available to CBP personnel, facilitating IPR seizures by CBP.
See also: IPR product identification training guidelines
EU Customs actions
- Manual for applications for EU Customs actions
- Documents needed to file an application
- Important and urgent information for EU Customs: 'New Trends' and 'Red Alert' forms and contact points.
- General information on Customs procedure in China
Provides U.S. small businesses and other small entities with general information on specific U.S. trade laws and provides technical assistance to eligible small entities seeking relief under U.S. trade laws.
The Small and Minority Business ITAC, was chartered to incorporate priorities of U.S. small and minority businesses in formulating U.S. trade policy and to address issues of concern to small and minority businesses in trade negotiations.
For those who have legal questions about CBP's IPR enforcement and would like to interface with a CBP IPR attorney, the IPR and Restricted Merchandise Branch is available to help. The IPR and Restricted Merchandise Branch oversee the IPR recordation program and provide IPR infringement determinations and rulings. The IPR & Restricted Merchandise Branch can be reached at +1 (202) 325-0020, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on the number and type of intellectual property seizures made at the U.S. border.
Read information on seizures made by the Customs at the external borders of EU.