About DG Enterprise and Industry's website
This website is developed and managed by the European Commission's Directorate General for Enterprise and Industry. It aims to disseminate information on all EU policies, actions and initiatives promoting economic growth and development, with a view to strengthening the competitiveness of EU enterprises.
Which type of information is available on the European Commission's Directorate General for Enterprise and Industry website?
The site offers:
- an up-to-date coverage of EU enterprise policies
- specific pages covering the industry sectors
- news, events, speeches
- electronic publications
- EU business statistics and benchmarking
- open consultations and forums.
- multimedia content : videos as well as recordings of web streamed events
What languages is this website available in?
This website adheres to the general language guidelines set out for EUROPA. Our aim is to provide the European entrepreneurs and other interested visitors (or parties) with the information they are looking for in their own language or in a language they can understand.
Official documents are available in at least the languages which were official at the date of publication. Other documents, of a non-legally binding nature, are frequently published in English, French and German.
General information on the homepage and in most sections immediately accessible from the homepage, is available in all official languages.
Specific information campaigns, targeted to all EU entrepreneurs and particularly to SMEs, are launched in all EU official languages.
Specialised information in the deep levels of the website is generally available only in English.
The information available on this site may only be reproduced on condition that the source is acknowledged.
We recommend not to duplicate our content on your website, rather to insert a link to it, clearly mentioning the source (Enterprise and Industry thematic site on EUROPA, © European Union, 1995-2012). This will also allow you to link to constantly updated information.
More generally, links to the 'Enterprise and Industry on EUROPA' thematic site can be created from any website provided that the following conditions are met:
- links should be illustrated with official logos and/or trademarks owned and/or licensed by the European institutions and should comply with the instructions provided in the Information Providers Guide. If logos or trademarks cannot be used, textual links are also allowed (for example: "Further information is available from the Enterprise and Industry on EUROPA' thematic site"), subject to the conditions below;
- links should be made only to pages displaying the short hypertext notice referring to the disclaimer and copyright notices;
- when accessing the 'Enterprise and Industry on EUROPA' pages via a link, it should be perfectly clear to users that they are viewing information that is not exclusive or dependent on a fee for access;
- equally important and related to the above point is that links should not be put in a context which could make users believe that the European institutions endorse, or support the objectives or contents of the other website, or the organisation managing it;
- if links are made from a frames-based website, the pages should not be displayed as frames within that website in such a way that users might thereby misunderstand the true origin of the pages;
- as soon as a link has been established, the Enterprise and Industry webmaster should be notified by transmission of the URL of the page where the link appears, enabling him to check if the above guidelines have been respected by the other website.
Image and photo credits
Regarding all pictures used on this website, the European Commission either owns the copyright or has obtained the proper permission to use them from the owner(s) of the copyright. They can only be used on the EUROPA website. Reproduction or any other use of these pictures is not allowed.