LOCAL ADMINISTRATION FACILITY (LAF)
What is LAF?
Local Administration Facility (LAF) is a programme under the TAIEX instrument managed by the Directorate-General Enlargement of the European Commission.
This programme aims at:
- strengthening the institutional capacity of regional and local authorities with a view to further aligning it with EU requirements
- awareness-raising and exchanging experience and best practices amongst each other and with Member States' municipalities
- analysing the functioning of the EU institutions and the role of local and regional authorities in the implementation of the EU acquis.
Who are the beneficiaries of LAF assistance?
- candidate countries: Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
- potential candidates: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*
The programme targets representatives of the local and regional administration: elected heads or councilors of municipalities, governors of counties or provinces and senior permanent staff.
Seminars under the Local Administration Facility
LAF mainly entails the organisation of multi-country seminars, where 5-7 representatives per beneficiary are invited to Brussels. The aim of these events is to build up regional and European networks and to familiarise the participants with the EU legislation and programmes.
The working language is English.
If you have further questions about LAF please contact us at Elarg-Taiex@ec.europa.eu
For more information on LAF, please go to the page "LAF in detail [86 KB] ".