The TAIEX mandate to provide assistance covers:
- Croatia (new Member State – still benefitting from assistance programmed);
- Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia; Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo*;
- Turkish Cypriot community in the northern part of Cyprus;
- Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine.
- All countries covered by the Partnership Instrument
TAIEX activities can be organised with: Civil servants working in public administrations at national level
- The Judiciary and Law Enforcement authorities;
- Parliaments and civil servants working in Parliaments and Legislative Councils;
- Representatives of social partners, trade unions and employers’ associations;
TAIEX does not provide direct support to civil society, private citizens, or to individual companies.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/99 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.