Grade A*6 - Ref No: PRI 035/TA
The EUROPEAN AGENCY FOR RECONSTRUCTION,
with its Headquarters in Thessaloniki and Operational Centres in Belgrade, Pristina,
Podgorica and Skopje is responsible for the management of the main EU assistance
programmes in Serbia & Montenegro (the Republic of Serbia, the Republic
of Montenegro and UN-administered Kosovo) and the Former Yugoslav Republic of
For more information on the activities of the EAR, see www.ear.europa.eu.
We are looking for a new staff member (Temporary Agent) to whom we offer an unlimited duration contract and a competitive salary package. In any case, the duration of the contract shall not exceed the expiry date of the Agency. The Agency will also constitute a reserve list of Monitoring Officers for any of the Agency’s Operational Centres.
The Monitoring Officer will report to the Head of Centre. S/he will work in close collaboration with the Head of Programming & Quality Assurance Division and will perform the following tasks:
• Provide a lead on the ongoing review and development of project cycle monitoring systems
• Ensure that lessons learned are included in improvements/reinforcements to Agency operational guidelines and procedures
• Prepare synthesis monitoring reports, contribute to other reports and undertake field missions
• Interact closely with evaluation and other quality assurance staff of the Agency
• Advise programme managers on the incorporation of social development (including mainstreaming of gender and ethnic minorities), environment and other cross-cutting issues in programme design and implementation
• Ensure strong reporting structures on how mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues is being applied in programmes, disseminating lessons learned to build on good practice guidelines
• Facilitate workshops and training related to the post holder’s areas of responsibility, including in the framework of cross-centre thematic networks within the Agency
Candidates must have:
• Citizenship of one of the Member States of the European Union
• Successfully completed a relevant university degree
• At least 3 years professional experience related to the tasks above
• Significant experience of project cycle management, particularly programme design and monitoring
• Sound experience of working in, and guiding, multidisciplinary teams
• Excellent command of spoken and written English (drafting of programmes and reports), good knowledge of at least one other official language of the European Union
• Computer literacy
• Reliable and responsible personality and capacity to work under demanding professional circumstances and in an international environment
• Significant experience in the monitoring of multi-sector programmes (including use of LFA techniques)
• Sound experience directly relevant to the social development advisory role
Experience in the Balkans or Central/Eastern European countries, including direct experience of EC assistance programmes in support of EU integration, will be a very distinct advantage for this post.
How to apply: Applications should be submitted by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a letter of interest indicating the job reference number and a detailed CV in English using the ‘European Curriculum Vitae Format’.
The Agency is an equal opportunity
employer and encourages applications from women.
Applicants will be short-listed on
the basis of their CVs and short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Candidates who have not been contacted by 31/05/2005 should consider that there
will be no follow-up to their application.
Deadline for the submission of applications: 06/03/2005