The SME Energy CheckUp project targets small and medium sized enterprises in the sectors hotels, restaurants, bars, fastfood/ice-cream, retail food, retail non-food and offices. The problem is that SMEs realize the importance of energy saving, but do rarely take energy saving measures. Causes for this are: 1) SMEs have little attention for energy efficiency because they have no idea of the yearly energy costs; 2) Hiring an energy consultant costs money; 3) Information on energy saving measures does not activate an SME (enough); 4) The implementation of serious energy saving measures require large up-front investments and there is a lack of knowledge on alternative sources of funding. The SME Energy CheckUp project will tackle the obstacles with the following approach: 1) Approach SMEs proactive via regular channels of communication, special workshops and an energy saving tool; 2) Create an energy saving tool which offers a free benchmark, advice and information on energy saving measures; 3) The energy saving tool will bring SMEs in direct connection with local actors who can implement energy saving measures (low energy bill) or with energy consultants (high energy bill); 4) SMEs will be informed about the different financing options for the implementation of energy saving measures.
In this page:
- Approximately 6 000 SMEs will make use of the energy saving tool
- Approximately 600 SMEs will implement simple energy saving measures (no or very small investments)
- Approximately 600 SMEs will implement energy saving measures that can be implemented by SMEs who rent their building
- Approximately 150 SMEs will implement serious energy saving measures for which it is necessary to own the building.
- The end result is expected to be a yearly energy saving of 54 GWh in 2017 and 240 GWh in 2020.
to be updated
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Cornelissen Consulting Services B.V.
Dr. Ir. R.L. Cornelissen
Mr. Hans Damink