PRO-E-BIKE project promotes electric bicycles and electric scooters (E -bikes), for delivery of goods and passenger transport among private and public bodies such as delivery companies, public administration and citizens in European urban areas as an alternative to "conventionally fossil fuelled" vehicles. Pilot projects among target groups (delivery companies and companies with their own delivery personnel, public administration, local authorities and citizens in selected urban areas) will help us to achieve these objectives, and enable the demonstration of measurable effects in terms of CO2 emission reduction and energy savings in urban transport. Project partners will create favourable conditions for market development by collaboration between various actors, setting up a platform for manufacturers, distributors and potential E- bike users. The aim of these actions is to build understanding and raise confidence in E-bike technology among target groups, by allowing them to test and analyse E- bike technology. The final effect we aim for is change in behaviour of target groups manifested in their decision to replace their conventionally fuelled vehicles with E- bikes.
In this page:
- Increased investment and usage of electrical bicycles and scooters (E- bikes) for delivering goods and services in 25 selected target groups, (delivery companies, companies with own delivery personnel and public administrations), by the end of the project, comparing to initial state.
- Development of action plans for 7 pilot cities regarding E-bikes utilization and incorporation of E-bikes in city transport strategies, including two info days in each pilot city.
- Multilayer E -bike simulation tool for target groups. This tool will enable potential users to estimate costs and benefits that can result from introduction of E- bikes in their business. The tool will be presented in additional 50 delivery companies (beyond pilot project companies) in project countries.
- Creation of business models for E-bikes (for transport of passengers, goods transport and mixed transport)
- Reduction of GHG emissions aiming at 283 t CO2/year, measured with saved petrol in delivery companies and public administration during the project pilot actions.
- At the date of release of this information, this project is under contract negotiation with the EACI. This does not constitute a formal commitment to provide the financial support. Neither the EACI nor the European Commission is responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
ENERGY INSTITUTE "HRVOJE POZAR"
Duration:01/06/2013 to 31/12/2013