The main energy results of the NPRES, according to the first draft being circulated, will be:
- An electricity capacity from RES of 302.55 MW.
- A thermal capacity from RES of 1487.87 MW.
- Electricity savings of 1,602,128 MWh/year
- Heat savings of 6,973,467 MWh/year.
- More than 2,000 jobs created.
- 43,731 thousand tonnes CO2 a year saved.
The main beneficiaries of the programme are municipal installations, such as schools, kindergartens, hospitals, social buildings, etc.; and the industrial and tertiary sectors.