| || ||
The European Observatory on the Social Situation, Demography and Family
… is a multi-disciplinary network of independent experts established upon the request of the European Commission.
As its main tasks, the Observatory:
- monitors political developments in Europe which have an impact on the social situation, demography and family;
- analyses political activities and the impact of family policies;
- monitors demographic, socio-economic and political changes which have an impact on families;
- stimulates academic debate on social, demographic and family issues as well as on related policies;
- organises annual seminars of the Observatory experts and invited speakers for a specialised audience; and
- organises two closed meetings per year for the Observatory members.
The European Observatory on the Social Situation, Demography and Family is, in its present format, a network of national experts from the 15 Member State, coordinated by the Austrian Institute for Family Studies (ÖIF) in Vienna.
last update: 16/09/2005