- Go to main content [shortcut key S], by skipping site tools, language selector, navigation path and navigation menu
- Go to navigation menu, by skipping site tools, language selector and navigation path
- Go to navigation path, by skipping site tools and language selector
- Go to language selector, by skipping site tools
- Go to site tools
ZUBILIS & MABiS.NeT
16/08/2002 - 30/06/2005 & 01/07/2005 - 31/12/2007
Kriminologischer Dienst des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
The level of education and training of most prisoners is very low. Their access to the labour market is extremely limited. Unemployment is one of the most serious obstacles to their reintegration. It increases the risk of re-offending significantly - especially within the first 6 months after imprisonment. Consequently, there is a strong need for both vocational training in prison and effective resettlement services that help ex-prisoners to find and maintain a job or (follow-up) training.
MABiS.NeT and ZUBILIS met this challenge by the development of a state-wide training, placement and after-care network for the vocational reintegration of ex-prisoners in North Rhine Westphalia, Germany. This includes: Modern Training Programmes in Prison: Improvement of the adaptability of training in prison by empirical labour market surveys modular design and connection of general education and vocational training integration of e-learning modules ... Labour Market Oriented Release Preparations: Provision of training continuity for ex-prisoners placement into regular jobs after imprisonment development of electronic matching and evaluation tools ... Job-Related Aftercare-Services: Individual Case-Management in co-operation with prisons and external actors stabilization of training and employment relationships counselling hotline for training institutions and employers ...
- E-Learning-Platform (intranet) in 5 prisons - 165 learning modules with 314 units - Development of didactic material - Knowledge Portal www.zubilis.de - Placement Services in 11 prisons - Aftercare Services in 6 cities - Research reports, scientific publications, (trans-)national conferences ...
MABiS.NeT & ZUBILIS have been effectively mainstreamed and are now funded by the State Ministry of Justice. 533 prisoners participated in E-Learning: Success rate 2007: Positive 43% - Average 52% - Failed 5%. 6.020 prisoners participated in Placement Services: Placement Rate 2002 - 2008: from 40,1% to 60,4%. 1.629 prisoners participated in Aftercare Services: Programme Completion Rate 2006 - 2008: 72%. MABiS.NeT & ZUBILIS improved the re-integration of ex-prisoners into labour market and society!!