- Go to main content [shortcut key S], by skipping site tools, language selector, navigation path and navigation menu
- Go to navigation menu, by skipping site tools, language selector and navigation path
- Go to navigation path, by skipping site tools and language selector
- Go to language selector, by skipping site tools
- Go to site tools
Osservatorio e Centro Risorse sulla Tratta di Persone (Observatory and Resource Centre on Trafficking in Human Beings)
1 July 2005 - 31 December 2007
Associazione On the Road
Trafficking of human beings is an everincreasing transnational phenomenon that affects thousands of victims exploited in many sectors. It represents a violation of human rights that leads to a severe process of social exclusion. The project aimed to offer new skills and tools to professionals engaged in the anti-THB sector and to implement coordination mechanism amongst different counter-trafficking agencies to positively influence the systems of investigation, intervention, monitoring, and networking.
The project set up an Observatory and a National Resource Centre on Trafficking in Human Beings, through the creation of instruments and systems to analyze and monitor the phenomenon of trafficking and to create methodological and operative instruments to be shared between the different organizations involved in the sector. To acquire a comprehensive knowledge on the different forms of trafficking and to create an ongoing network of anti-trafficking agencies contributed, on the one hand, to design solutions that specifically meet the needs of trafficked persons and, on the other hand, to develop a comprehensive systems of investigation, social protection, monitoring and networking.
• 4 books in ITA and 1 in ENG on trafficking (phenomenon, legislation interventions, policies evaluation) • Websites: www.osservatoriotratta.it www.osservatoriotratta.it/headway/index.php • online databases of anti-THB agencies active in Italy, in the EU and in other countries of the world • Depliants
• The implementation of the first National Observatory on Trafficking by the Italian government that will be funded by national funds • Website (www.osservatoriotratta.it) • Adoption of the investigation, monitoring and evaluation tools developed.