|LANGUAGES USED FOR THE TRAINING
|MAIN LANGUAGE: ||
|LANGUAGE VERSION(S) IN WHICH MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED: |
|EDUCATION SECTOR OF THE TRAINING PARTICIPANTS
|NAME OF THE ORGANISATION: ||Homeodynamic Development S.A|
|STREET AND NUMBER: ||Gouves - Lakonia|
|POSTCODE:||23055 - |
|TOWN / CITY: ||Gouves Lakonia|
|COUNTRY: || Greece
|ORGANISER/S OF THE TRAINING: || |
|PERSON 1: ||Frangiskos Karelas|
|TEL NR: ||00306959004747|
|PERSON 2: ||Karadima Marilena|
|TEL NR: ||00306947161922|
IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE TRAINING: (EN)
Participants should pre-register for the course by contacting the Homeodynamic Development S.A. (email: email@example.com, website: http://www.eumelia.com/en/news/groundtvig-ist-tot-simulation-for-trainers-in-environmentally-amicable-development-youth). The organization will send the participant confirmation of their pre-registration and a pre-course questionnaire.
The pre-course questionnaire:
• Present trainee position
• Age of trainees and their reasons for learning
• Previous relevant experience
• English language level
• Educational needs
The aim of this questionnaire is to help us organize the course in order best to meet their needs both in terms of the methodological input sessions and the language development lessons. The questionnaire will give participants the opportunity to highlight their expectations, targets and experience and enhance the exchange of ideas and mutual learning processes.
When the participant confirms their attendance on the course they will receive an Info Kit containing:
• The course outline
• Suggested reading material
• A local map and details of their accommodation
• Inclusive and optional social activity programmes
Eumelia Organic Agrotourism Farm & Guesthouse (Homeodynamic Development S.A.), which focuses on pilot educational activities, has developed an innovative methodology for the training of trainers (ToT) in sustainable development. In particular, the beneficiaries of Eumelia courses are taught how to help trainees generate and format their ideas with a view to accessing sources of finance and the implementation of designed projects. Training activities take place:
a) in real conditions, i.e. in the natural environment of a pilot sustainable farm and through the simulation of a competition between teams of participants;
b) in a relaxed setting conducive to maximizing the performance of beneficiaries, through a carefully designed blend of educational and recreational activities.
The objectives of the courses are to improve and extend the teaching techniques of teachers and trainers of sustainable development for all types of institutions providing formal and non formal education. Through this course teachers and trainers will develop their ability to apply a methodology that will help their trainees:
• Generate innovative ideas aiming at the promotion of sustainable development;
• Format these ideas in the framework of specific interventions based on the Project Cycle Management (PCM) logic;
• Draft applications for funding meeting all the requirements posed by the European Commission and other international donors;
• Evaluate their projects through the simulation of a competition between proposals on the basis of specific indicators as to Relevance & Design, Efficiency, Effectiveness, Impact and Sustainability.
After the course, teachers and trainers will have:
• a toolkit of user-friendly training resources that will be easy to adapt to specific audiences and their needs;
• a bibliography for each session, including relevant website addresses
• a network of contacts which will facilitate the exchange of training modules and innovative techniques.
The Eumelia ToT methodology is anchored on the following key principle:
- A trainee-centered curriculum tailored on the basis of a survey of training needs beforehand.
- A participatory approach, i.e. an interactive trainer-trainee relationship, so that the beneficiaries develop a strong sense of ownership through the examination/adoption of their ideas.
- Team-work for the design of projects and the preparation of applications.
- The design of realistic projects based on conditions examined on the ground in the framework of the Eumelia ToT courses.
- Simulation of an evaluation of competing applications for funding, so that beneficiaries become familiar with the “other side of the coin” as well, i.e. through the eyes of project evaluators.
- Clearly defined goals, in the sense that the training course aims at the development of specific and measurable deliverables, e.g. the outlines of development projects and applications for funding, proposal-writing skills, etc.
- A thorough evaluation of the training course by all the participants, so that their feedback helps us capture possible weaknesses and retain what they have found useful.
- Not least of all, a relaxed natural setting that helps optimize team-work and maximize the performance of the beneficiaries.
Follow-up of the course will be achieved:
• By sharing a contact list of all the participants and trainers information.
• Through self-evaluation of lessons taught after the training event
• Through peer networking with the preparation of future mobility educational projects.
• Eumelia is ready to develop a database tracking the performance of: (i) participants in the ToT courses and (ii) youth organisations benefiting from follow-up training.
|IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE TRAINING:
Get to know session
Extensive tour of Eumelia Organic Agrotourism Farm & Guesthouse, an example of a sustainable rural ecotourism & agrotourism development project
Team building activities
Goals and structure of the seminar
Working with nature and minimizing impact
Sustainable rural and agrotourism development: economic growth through responsible and ethical projects in less populated-remote areas.
Presentation of Eumelia, one of 21 eco -lodges and farms worldwide,included in the ECOCLUB community respecting environmental guidelines.
Design of project: Survey of the area, needs of the community, financial sustainability, ethical impact, environmental and cultural enhancement.
Activity: Making organic soap
Visit to Elafonisos Island.
Sustainable tourism: Island regional policy, adaptation of coastal areas in climate change, population increase during the summer months and brain drain of younger generation.
Meeting with local authorities.
Applications for funding: How to access funds, build partnerships, prioritize budget, insure viability.
Proposal-writing and presentation: Involvement of creative and visionary tools, communication and promotion of projects for fund raising (local authorities, private companies, crowd funding, foundations, micro financing, ethical banks, EU programmes)
Proposal-writing: Four working groups creating sustainable development proposals.
Evaluation procedures: How to objectively evaluate a project, criteria for European programmes, identification of annual benchmarks and priorities of the funding institution.
Presentation and analysis of best practices and successful stories.
Proposal-writing: Tutoring to the working groups.
Proposal-writing: finalize the proposal
Simulation: Presentation of the projects to an evaluation committee.
Open discussion on proposals improvement, future networks and cooperation.
Evaluation, feedback and recommendations
| There are no active sessions. Please click on the checkbox above to display passed sessions.