Navigation path

Opportunities for staff

What is it?

Under Erasmus+, professionals involved in pre-primary, primary, or secondary school education interested in furthering their professional development can take part in a variety of exciting opportunities to broaden their knowledge and skills, including learning new languages or gaining proficiency in areas of ICT.

This can provide new perspectives, competences and inspiration for the participants, as well as ensuring the exchange of knowledge and good practices to benefit the education institutions.

What does it involve?

Erasmus+ enables participants to further their professional development through training courses and mobility assignments in other countries. This includes:

  • Participation in structured courses or training abroad;
  • Job-shadowing or observation periods at a school or other relevant organisation abroad;
  • Teaching assignments at a partner school.

These activities can last from 2 days to 2 months, or even up to a year in some cases.

The School Education Gateway offers a comprehensive list of training courses for professional development of teachers, as well as a dedicated tool that facilitates search for mobility opportunities around Europe.

Who can take part?
  • Teachers, school leaders, librarians and other staff from pre-primary, primary and secondary education institutions in programme countries,
  • Other educational staff (school inspectors, school counsellors, pedagogical advisors, psychologists, etc.) involved in the strategic development of the schools.
How to apply?

Applications are submitted by schools and should include a European Development Plan outlining how the activities will benefit the work of the school as an organisation.

Alternatively, a joint application (a consortium) of schools from a single country may be formed by a local school authority or other type of school coordination body in order to ease the access to funding for the involved schools.

Further information, including how to apply, can be obtained from the National Agency websites.


How can we help?