Department of Education (England)
- Review of the National Curriculum in England: defines essential knowledge children should acquire. The primary and secondarycurriculum subjects include the key objectives for pupils in the areas of literacy, numeracy and use of ICT technologies.
- Early Years Foundation Stage: is a comprehensive statutory framework which defines key areas of learning and development of children from birth to 5 years old. The defined key areas include literacy and numeracy.
- Curriculum for Excellence
- Literacy Action Plan: aims to raise literacy standards from early childhood to adulthood.
- Adult literacies in Scotland 2020: Strategic guidance
- Every School a Good School: A policy for School Improvement: policy guidelines in the area of education, where literacy plays a key role.
- Count, Read, Succeed: A Strategy to Improve Outcomes in Literacy and Numeracy (2011).
Wales (Government Department of Education and Skills – DfES)