Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Woods and Forests: A Source of and a Resource for Life
Aims of the initiative:
• using IT tools – correlating the learning of English and ICT as a school subject;
• broadening the knowledge of English through communication with peers in the partner schools;
• learning in a new, motivating way;
• exchanging information and ideas between the schools;
• learning about, and comparing, wood and forest ecosystems in the school’s own area and in Europe;
• enhancing awareness of the importance of wood and forest ecosystems for the whole environment, as well as for people’s life and culture;
• learning about the legislation on environmental protection in the partner countries;
• implementing the principles of responsible behaviour in the woods.
Description of activities:
Pupils were familiarised with the software for making presentations and Internet-based communication: Word, Power Point, electronic mail, chats, forums. Teacher
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|