Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Comenius – School Partners
- Improvement of spoken and written language
- Awareness for the knowledge of people, countries, traditions and customs of partner countries
- Motivate pupils to learn languages
- Open the mind for the "European idea"
- using ICT
- Mobility for young people throughout Europe
- Creation of website www.dire-lire-ecrire.eu
- Mobilization of teachers and pupils
- Creation of a DVD with animated tales spoken in 6 languages
- Meetings with pupils & teachers from different partner countries
(activities: sports, cultural visits)
- sporting event (football tournament: 150 students from 5 countries)
- Musical event (concert singing: 95 students from 5 countries)
- Cultural visits with the French partner: tours in France and Luxembourg
- Meetings with cultural activities for teachers in the different partner countries
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|