Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Creative Language Learning from First Grade
The aims of the project are to:
- Increase the pupils motivation by giving them confidence in their own competence,
- Avoid barriers and resistance by choosing methods corresponding to children’s way of learning naturally,
- Foster enjoyment and appreciation of foreign languages,
- Encourage reflection on the workings and mechanics in the target languages
- Teach the children the authentic pronunciation and intonation in the natural language experience,
- Enable the pupils to get in touch with their own culture and interactively share their culture with other pupils in Europe and other parts of the world.
We focus on bringing the pupils in real communicative situations to compensate the fact that we are teaching in artificial surroundings. (Classroom). 1.Theatre and musical performance for parents and schoolmates. Grammar, idioms and phonics are t
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|