Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
One World – Many Languages
Aims of the project:
• Broadening the language palette.
• Campaigning for promoting teaching and learning rarer languages among children, teenagers and adults.
• Training and in-service training for foreign language teachers.
• Acquiring means and materials promoting foreign languages.
• Cooperation between teachers of different languages in the city, region and country.
• Promoting openness to the world, breaking barriers by learning languages, people and cultures.
• Improving the quality of foreign language teaching and learning.
Actions undertaken within the project:
• Broadening the language palette to include new languages – Spanish and Italian.
• Organizing Days of Romance Culture.
• Organizing a class preparing to take international examinations in the French language.
• Editing the newsletter “La Grenouille”.
• Organizing international youth exchanges.
• A nati
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|