Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Kids Take the Stage
Aims of the project:
- Introducing pupils to the history and culture of the English-speaking countries and the countries historically linked with the British Commonwealth;
- Inspiring pupils to initiate their own drama, musical and artistic activities in the above mentioned area;
- Developing tolerance for, and openness to, other cultures, traditions and customs;
- Developing a sense of responsibility for jointly undertaken activities;
- Giving children an opportunity to have contact with native speakers as a source of information about the English-speaking countries;
- Reinforcing assertive attitudes in children through public appearances in the form of theatrical performances;
- Establishing links with foreign organisations using the drama method in their work with children.
Actions undertaken within the project:
The Internet, access to educational websites and books ava
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|