Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Learning the Traditions, Customs and Culture of English-Speaking Countries in English
• introduction of innovative English teaching methods (work with the use of project method, singing songs, staging theatre performances and using a computer), students discover various methods of expanding and deepening knowledge, use various sources of information,
• students expand their knowledge on the culture, traditions and customs observed in English-speaking countries, shape tolerance for other cultures, traditions and customs,
• motivating students to consistently acquire new knowledge and develop linguistic skills,
• promoting English learning among children and youth, showing benefits of being able to communicate in English,
• learning team work skills,
• preparing young people for public speaking in English.
• staging a nativity play in English,
• organising St Valentine’s Day celebrations; staging of Romeo and Juliet
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|