Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Aims of the initiative:
• Gaining proficiency in Russian at the level which enables fluent communication about everyday life matters and the use of these skills in future education and work;
• Preparing pupils for the final upper secondary school examination in general education subjects at both levels;
• Providing opportunities for maximum exposure to Russian and active use of the spoken and written language;
• Providing opportunities to use the knowledge of Russian in carrying out various project assignments, including non-language ones;
• Learning about the culture and history of the East.
Description of activities:
The project is concerned with the learning of Russian, beginning with the no knowledge level and with the number of hours increased to five per week, and a more extensive coverage of East-related issues during history, geography and cultural education lesso
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|