Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Educational goals of the project:
1. Stimulating children’s interest in the surrounding world and its diversity.
2. Developing children’s natural abilities to observe, ask questions, formulate hypothesis, analyze and draw conclusions.
3. Learning basic concepts of natural sciences.
4. Developing ecological awareness and sensitivity.
5. Activating children during classes by performing basic experiments and making them predict the results.
6. Developing team work skills, stimulating creativity in children and developing their visual-spatial ability.
Linguistic goals of the project:
1. Using English as a tool to describe newly discovered natural and physical phenomena.
2. Understanding instructions and carrying them out in order to make experiments.
3. Stimulating the willingness to spontaneously formulate conclusions in a foreign language.
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|