Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Bringing Europe Closer
Aims of the project:
• Learning a foreign language in respect of European education.
• Integrating foreign language teaching with the lessons in history, geography, fine arts and contemporary society.
• Practical use of EU knowledge and language competence.
• The European identity and the attitude of tolerance and openness.
• Learning about European issues in foreign languages.
• Self-reliant peer contacts and cooperation between European schools.
• Motivating and techniques of language self-study.
Actions undertaken within the project:
• Close integration of foreign language teaching with European classes comprising lessons in history, contemporary society, fine arts, geography.
• Thematic blocks:
Grade 1: The pillars and heritage of the European culture.
Grade 2: The road to the united Europe, the EU organisational structure.
Grade 3: The economy, ecology, law
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|