Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Holiday Celebrations and Traditions in Our Countries: Poland and Slovakia
• development of students’ linguistic skills of communication with peers from the partner country in English and German with the use of latest communication technology,
• generating interest in other cultures, becoming acquainted with holiday celebrations and traditions in respective countries,
• motivating students to learn less frequently used European languages (i.e. Slovak and Polish),
• establishing contacts and strengthening friendships between students from the two countries,
• shaping an attitude of a young European citizen,
• exchange of experiences between teachers from Poland and Slovakia, encouraging possibly the largest number of teachers of other subjects to cooperate under the project, use state-of-the-art teaching methods, including the project method, use the latest information technology, and improve ones' teaching by participation in an
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|