Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Learning about the dreams of women
Aims of the project:
• Increasing a student’s language competence.
• Using the French language, the achievements of sciences and cultures of French-speaking countries in educational activities.
• Raising language and educational aspirations.
• Creating a friendly climate for the French language among students and their parents.
• Activating the needs of using the heritage of human thought and cultural achievements.
• Developing aesthetical sensitivity and the ability to think creatively, encouraging to self-education.
• Introducing students to using French in various social situations and in group undertakings.
Actions undertaken within the project:
• The subject of WOMAN was discussed throughout the school year during classes in schools of the region, e.g. physics: In the office, in the garden and in the car, or simple machines serving women; chemistry: Acids and alkal
Click here for more details
|Now available in 23 languages|