Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Sport Unites Nations – Example of the 2006 Football World Cup in Germany
This project deals with a binational project in the bilingual German-Czech subject of Geography in interdisciplinary co-operation with the Art, Computer Studies and PE.
Description of the project
The goals of the project are:
1. the promotion of bilingual learning in the subject Geography by including current events and authentic materials in co-operation with other subjects
2. the increase of the motivation of German and Czech students to learn the partner language
3. the promotion of international partnerships and
4. the establishment of a bilingual source of materials for teaching Geography in a foreign language
The following aspects are worked on:
• Geography: knowledge of the World Cup location and the participating countries
• Computer Studies: application of the acquired abilities and skills
• Art: Creative work in plastic form and in photography
• PE: Soccer
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|