Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Aims of the project:
• Implementing a module sensitising to languages and cultures as part of syllabuses.
• Preparing, publication and popularising of didactic materials promoting linguistic and cultural diversity.
• Training sessions for higher education students and teachers.
• Organising conferences, seminars, publications.
• Creating student and teacher attitudes favourable for accepting linguistic diversity and learning about foreign languages.
• Preparing a project, submitting a Comenius project application.
• Organising an international seminar in Warsaw.
• Preparing documentation necessary for training students – future French language teachers; implementing two didactic material sets in 18 primary school classes (224 pupils); preparing evaluating materials for pupils/ students, teachers and parents; implementing two other didactic material sets in three junior se
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|