Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Culture Is Not Dreadful and It Can Be Found Outside the City
• stirring interest in foreign language and music learning, inciting motivation,
• boosting confidence in one’s linguistic, dance and singing talents,
• shaping the attitude of curiosity, tolerance and openness towards other cultures, customs, religions and traditions,
• introducing history, culture, customs and traditions of Lusatians,
• inspiring pupils to dance, play music and create works of arts,
• using various sources of information (academic publications for general public: Płomyje and Nowy Casnik, the Lusatian language textbooks and exercise books: Grajom a wuknjom serbski, articles of culture, lectures, exercises, opera, theatre),
• cooperation with the Żurawianki folk group,
• motivating pupils to pursue creative activity and stimulating their autonomy by letting them to choose the topics for their actions, as well as methods for realisation
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|