Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Musical Babies – Musical Activities and Activities Involving Physical Movement in the English Language for Children Aged 6 Months to 3 Years Together with Those Accompanying Them
Aims of the project:
• familiarising children with the English language by exposure; learning simple words and phrases;
• learning English songs and nursery rhymes;
• developing a sense of rhythm by using simple musical instruments, dance and movement, and through various games;
• developing physical coordination;
• acquiring listening skills;
• interacting with other children of a similar age, including those of other nationalities.
For mothers and other persons accompanying children:
• familiarising mothers, or other persons attending classes together with children, with nursery rhymes and songs in English, so that they can use them when playing with their child outside of classes;
• providing mothers an opportunity to meet other mothers with children of a similar age, to make new friends.
Actions undertaken within the project:
First classes were run in Warsaw (Nat
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|