Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Crossing the Bridge
Aims of the project:
• Motivating to learn English.
• Initialling creative activity during language learning.
• Setting up real-life situations favourable for communication.
• Using free-of-charge methods of English learning.
• Shouldering responsibility for completed tasks.
• Skill of presentation and public appearances.
• Teaching English with the use of interdisciplinary paths.
Actions undertaken within the project:
• Cooperation with Lublin-based junior secondary schools, the Provincial In-Service Teacher Training Centre, publishing houses.
• Preparing rules and regulations for workshop meetings: May, 2005, September, 2005, February, 2006.
• A meeting dubbed “A Guest in the House Is God in the House” in the Museum of the Lubelskie Province Village. Participants’ preparations for this event took six weeks. They talked about a selected building in the heritage par
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|