Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Knowledge of languages and culture as the way to fulfil your dreams wherever you are in the world
Language of the project:
English and Hebrew
Aims of the project:
The project aims to demonstrate opportunities created by language skills through building awareness that all those who speak languages can fulfil their dreams wherever they are. This aim is to be achieved through:
- developing interest in, and motivation for, language learning;
- developing confidence in one’s linguistic abilities;
- developing independence in language learning;
- improving English and Hebrew language skills;
- developing curiosity about, and tolerance for, other cultures;
- extending knowledge about cultures in other countries;
- correlating language learning with integrated/subject-based teaching;
- providing opportunities for demonstrating knowledge gained at school and through extra-school activities;
- providing opportunities for testing one’s language skills.
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|