Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
My teacher is a polyglot
Aims of the project:
• Creating possibilities for teachers of integrated education to acquire qualifications in teaching English.
• Popularising foreign language learning in kindergartens and primary schools.
• Shaping children’s skill of communicating in a foreign language.
• An early language start; increasing the quality of work of integrated-education teachers and motivating them to learn foreign languages.
• Encouraging teachers to reflect upon their own style of teaching.
• Preparing a new educational model – the Gdansk Resident 2020.
• Launching language courses preparing teachers of grades 1-3 of primary schools to the FCE examinations.
• Organising a qualification course for these teachers (in cooperation with the Foreign Language College of the Gdansk University).
• Collecting data on children’s language education and promoting the idea of early school foreign
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|