Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
• Promoting multilingualism and cultural diversity,
• Developing linguistic and multilingual sensitivity,
• generating interest in foreign language teaching to preschool children,
• shaping an attitude of curiosity and openness to other languages and cultures,
• testing an innovative teaching aid; an educational T-shirt,
• using the T-shirt in the teaching of two foreign languages,
• integrating English and German teaching with preschool education programme,
• boosting the effectiveness of teaching/learning process regarding (among others) foreign languages,
• exchange of experiences pertaining to foreign language teaching methods applied in preschool education in selected countries of the European Union.
Students designed educational T-shirt and made imprints at a print shop. The thematic scopes, in which the T-shirts may be
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|