Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
World Within Arm's Reach
• Using modern teaching aids in foreign language teaching,
• Using the potential of pupils and their linguistic talents for the development of teaching materials with the use of a camera and software for making videos,
• Individualisation of the teaching process,
• Development of an online database of linguistic exercises and posting it on the school website,
• Making pupils aware of the importance of being able to speak a foreign language,
• Making pupils familiar with different cultures, religions, traditions, languages, shaping tolerance and understanding for other cultures,
• Introducing to pupils major European figures and their output,
• Teaching foreign languages through play,
• Using IT skills of the pupils to create multimedia presentations in a foreign language on the European countries.
• The project is implemented
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|