Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
In-Service Foreign Language Teacher Training
Aims of the project:
• perfecting the methodological and language skills of foreign language teachers from 13 regions of the wielkopolskie voivodeship, where the Poznań In-Service Teacher Training Centre operates,
• encouraging teachers to look for new and interesting methodological solutions enabling the preparation of students for effective linguistic communication,
• introducing teachers to life-long education through implementing a vast range of in-service training,
• improving teachers’ work space and furnishing them with modern teaching materials,
• improving foreign language skills in new and unusual situations,
• preparing foreign language teachers for project work.
Actions undertaken within the project:
In-service foreign language teacher training demands a sound judgment of the needs for improvement and preparation of an offer, both fulfilling these needs and fore
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|