Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Kindergarten Language Education: English - A Ticket to the World
Aims of the project:
• Enabling a child a good linguistic start without concerns for the financial status of the family; reinforcing belief in one’s own strengths and the possibility of success.
• Creating favourable conditions for learning a foreign language in a kindergarten.
• Providing access to a foreign language through everyday learning within the core curriculum.
• Shaping tolerance and openness towards other cultures.
• Creating circumstances for discovering and learning socio-cultural realities of other nations through exposure to another language, different from one’s mother tongue.
• The correlation between learning a foreign language and the content of the core curriculum for kindergarten education.
Actions undertaken within the project:
1. Conducting everyday free-of-charge English instruction within the core curriculum in each age group (sub-groups of 12, divide
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|