Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
Active Support for the Bilingual Education Process in a Lower Secondary School Through a System of Class Excursions, Mainly Sightseeing Excursions
Aims of the initiative:
• Combining the learning about the homeland with the learning of English;
• Developing the need to learn about attractions of less frequently visited nooks and crannies in Poland; reflecting on the regional and national cultural heritage in the European culture perspective – building European identity on the basis of local patriotism;
• Language training to promote attractions of the country and its regions among foreigners;
• Effectively using all possible sources of information, in particular websites in various languages (searching for, arranging and selecting materials);
• Using English as the first/second language to carry out interdisciplinary project assignments;
• Ensuring correlation with the bilingual teaching of geography and biology in our school;
• Bilingual polishing of journalism and reporting skills;
• Practising the writing of var
Click here for more details
|Now available in 24 languages|