Welcome to the ELL database for innovative projects in language teaching and learning.
This database contains projects that have received the European Language Label since 1999
(for the pilot phase 1998-99, please refer to "The European Label:
catalogue of projects 1998-99").
The database aims to inspire practitioners, stakeholders and policymakers by presenting "best practices" in the field of
language teaching and learning.
The European Language Label is awarded to local, regional, and national projects that have found creative ways to improve
the quality of language teaching, motivate students, make the best use of available resources to diversify the languages
on offer, and other innovative initiatives.
You can search the database according to a number of different criteria:
■ Year of the award
■ Projects by country
■ Educational sector(s)
■ Pedagogical theme(s)
■ Target language(s) of the projects
You can also combine up to all of these criteria to conduct a more focused search.
Your query will generate a list of the projects and individuals that have been awarded Labels – just click on the names to learn more (contact details, etc.).
Enjoy your search!
Label of the day
European education through conscious foreign language learning
Aims of the project:
• Building the awareness of the need of foreign language learning and of the EU membership.
• Preparing pupils for internal German language examinations – levels A1 and A2 as well as for external examinations – Fit1, Fit2.
• Introducing a portfolio, the skill of documenting a linguistic biography.
• Broadening the knowledge of European countries.
• Building the interest in reading, culture and languages.
• Awareness of regional, national and European belonging.
• Finding one’s own place in the world.
• Preparing pedagogical innovations dubbed “European Education in the 153rd Primary School in Lodz” and “The Implementation Programme of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in Primary Schools.”
• Pilot internal examination, certificates.
• Creating linguistic portfolios by pupils.
• Participation in the “ Begegnung mit Osteuropa
Click here for more details
|Now available in 23 languages|