Objectives and description of the action
The aim is to support various activities which, though not eligible under the main Comenius Programme, clearly contribute to achieving its objectives. Accompanying measures may:
- raise awareness of relevant target groups or the general public on the importance of European cooperation in the field of school education more generally;
- help to improve the implementation of the Comenius programme, in particular through training activities and analysis;
- maximise the impact of European cooperation in the field of school education, by disseminating and giving a high profile to the results and methods of such cooperation;
- foster trans-sectoral synergies between the Actions of the LLP programme, for example around activities bringing together projects supported under Comenius, Erasmus, Grundtvig, Leonardo da Vinci, Jean Monnet or Transversal Programme on precise themes;
- implement activities specifically concerning aspects of transversal policies in which the Comenius programme is called on to play a part, including in particular, the promotion of equality between women and men, the integration of disabled persons and other people with special educational needs, and the promotion of intercultural education and the fight against racism;
- carry out other activities focussing on specific themes, target groups or contexts, as justified by the needs of the current educational situation in school education in the participating countries.
The activities supported could be (indicative list):
- organisation of conferences and seminars concerning European cooperation in the field of school education;
- awareness-raising activities, such as targeted promotional and information campaigns, competitions etc.;
- setting up and consolidating European bodies such as associations, in particular as a means for the dissemination and exchange of information and experiences about innovatory initiatives in school education;
- developing, publishing, disseminating products and processes resulting from cooperation (documents, publications, teaching modules, videos, innovatory methodologies, organisational measures in institutions, educational strategies).
Dissemination via networks of bodies involving 'players' in the field of school education with a potential for relaying such information, will be given particular encouragement:
- teaching with materials concerning European themes;
- organisation of training activities for persons responsible at their respective institutions for European cooperation in the field of school education;
- publications relating to European educational cooperation in school education, including the analysis of internationalisation strategies for school education, programme implementation and obstacles-action in the field of school education.
The following activities, in particular, may not be covered by the funding awarded:
- activities eligible under another part of Comenius or the LLP programme;
- research activities.