This publication provides an overview of the practical preparations EU Member States have to undertake in order to get ready for the introduction of the euro.
It focuses on five main areas:
- the cash changeover and the frontloading and sub-frontloading operations;
- the communication measures to inform the public;
- the adjustments to be introduced by public administrations;
- the challenges for SMEs, and
- the impact on the vending machine industry.
By its nature, this handbook is primarily intended for stakeholders such as national authorities, business, banks, and retailers, which it aims to help by providing best practice accumulated over years of successful changeovers