Speech and presentation
This page is regularly updated. Copyright of presentations and speeches rests with the authors.
Strategies for a Post-Crisis World: Enhancing European Growth
Tuesday 25 May - Morning
Session I: Coping with the crisis – How has the world changed?
- Olli Rehn, Speech (PDF - 28Kb) and presentation (PDF - 95Kb)
- Herman Van Rompuy, Opening address (PDF - 116Kb)
PART 1: The unfolding of the global financial and economic crisis: causes, channels of contagion, and consequences. Lessons for the future of the financial system.
PART 2: The unfolding of the economic crisis in Europe: the role of financial integration, policies and markets, and the way forward.
Tuesday 25 May - Afternoon
Session II: Tackling global warming – An opportunity for Europe
PART 1: Can the development and application of green technologies play a key role in reaching high and sustainable economic growth in Europe? Which are the economic implications of tackling global warming through market mechanisms?
- Carlo Carraro, Presentation (PDF - 324Kb)
- Claudia Kemfert, Presentation (PDF - 78Kb)
- John Zysman, Presentation (PDF - 104Kb)
- Dieter Helm, Presentation (PDF - 52Kb)
- Michael Hanemann, Presentation (PDF - 78Kb)
PART 2: Is tackling global warming a business opportunity for Europe?
- Ivan Hodac, Presentation (PDF - 392Kb)
- Christine Lins, Presentation (PDF - 399Kb)
- Jacques Delmoitiez, Presentation (PDF - 1Mb)
- Gert Jan Koopman, Presentation (PDF - 32Kb)
- Laurent Blanchard, Presentation (PDF - 1Mb)
PART 3: The financing and structural reforms needed to foster low-carbon growth
Wednesday 26 May - Morning
Session III: Exit the crisis – Building the economic future of Europe
PART 1: Policy co-ordination in the euro area - lessons from the crisis
PART 2: Ensuring Europe's economic future: ways of raising Europe's growth potential, creating more jobs and becoming more innovative.
- Olli Rehn, Final remarks and closing address (PDF - 28Kb)