Out of commitment to high transparency and accountability and in order to raise awareness to humanitarian issues, the European Commission's Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection department (ECHO) produces a wide range of communication products on its relief work across the globe.
- Factsheets provide concise information about specific countries, regions or humanitarian theme in which the European Commission is active.
- The 'Solidarity in Action' interactive page gives a swift overview of EU humanitarian aid and civil protection activities through info-graphics, videos, factsheets, and maps. It is available in English, French, and German.
- Leaflets, books & posters are print material which can be ordered through the EU Bookshop.
- Annual reports provide detailed information on the European Commission's activities on an annual basis.
- Eurobarometer analyses the level of awareness of and support to the EU humanitarian and civil protection activities in each EU Member State.
- Policy guidelines offer technical guidance on specific sectors of interventions for on-the-ground humanitarian partners.
In addition, Policy newsletters are sent twice a year to inform on major policy initiatives and developments. A number of Online databases provide data and figures on humanitarian aid and civil protection funding and activities.