Nicaragua – Severe weather (REDLAC)
- Heavy rains affected the department of Managua in western Nicaragua. 3,000 people were reported affected and 590 houses damaged (14 of them destroyed). The municipalities of Ciudad Sandino, Tipitapa and Managua are reported as the areas most affected.
Pakistan – Severe weather (Local Media)
- According to local media (as of 03 June), at least seven people died and another 40 were injured in several areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (northern Pakistan), due to strong winds and heavy rains on 01-02 June. Local media reported also a number of damaged houses and power outages.
USA – Wildfires (AP, BBC, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, InciWeb)
- On 30 May a wildfire started Northwest of Greenvalley, north of Los Angeles (southern California). As of early 04 June (UTC), it had burnt ca. 12,900 ha and it was 60% contained. According to media (as of 03 June), due to this fire 3,000 people were evacuated on 3 June and at least 6 homes were destroyed and another 15 were damaged.
Czech Republic – Floods (National Authorities)
- On 2 June, the Czech government announced an emergency state for seven regions (South-Bohemian, Pilsen, Middle-Bohemian, Liberecky, Kralovehradecky, Ustecky, Prague) which is half area of the Czech Republic.
- Thousands of people in six of the regions have been evacuated and rescue operations are continuing.
- Seven people are reported dead.
Austria – Floods (Austrian Interior Ministry, Local Media)
- As of 3 June, due to the heavy rains of the last few days, the provinces of Salzburg, Vorarlberg, Tirol, Upper Austria and Lower Austria are reported affected by floods.
- The municipalities along Inn, Salzach, Traun, Enns, Steyr, Danube rivers are reported affected by floods and landslides.
- A state of emergency was announced in parts of Salzburg, Upper and Lower Austria. As of 3 June, one person was reported killed and another three were still missing.
Germany – Floods (GMLZ, Local Media)
- As of early 4 June, the flood situation in south east Germany remains critical, particularly in the Elbe river basin.
- The rising levels of the Elbe have triggered disaster alerts in the city of Magdeburg and Gera as well as in the counties of Altenburger Land, Greiz and Saale-Holzland.
- In Bayern the water levels have slightly subsided in Passau and Rosenheim but the situation worsened in Regensburg, where a disaster alert was triggered. 4,000 people were evacuated in Deggendorf and another 1,000 in Kolbe Moor near Rosenheim.
- In Thüringen, ca. 2,350 people were evacuated.
None of the affected countries have made a request for assistance.
Meteoalarm – as of 06h15
- Flood risk in western Czech Republic – Red Alert
- Flood risk in Bas Rhin and Landes in France – Orange Alert
- Heavy rain in southern Poland – Orange Alert
- Strong winds in northern coasts of Poland – Orange Alert
EFAS - Reported high discharges during the last 24 hours by National services:
- Norway: Still ongoing high discharges in many rivers in southern Norway, including downstream part of Glomma.
- Sweden: Ongoning high discharges in northern part of the country.
- Germany: High discharges of alert level 1 to 3 on the Danube, the Elbe, the Elser, the Mulde, the Isar, the Werra, the Saale, the Rhine and the Main.
- France: High discharges (level orange) in Adour basin as well as on the Rhine near Strasbourg.
- Croatia: Ongoing high discharge of alert level 1 on Danube river, slowly increase.
- Germany, Austria, Slovakia: Ongoing very high discharges on Danube river basin.
- Switzerland: High discharge of level 3 nearby lake Constance (Bodensee).
Forest Fire risk in Europe - EFFIS
- Extreme or very high risk in southern tip of Portugal, SW Spain, southern Sicily (Italy), southern Greece, the whole of Cyprus, central-southern and south-eastern Turkey.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.