Uzbekistan – Earthquake (GDACS, USGS, Local Media)
- A 5.8M earthquake at a depth of 19.4km hit SW Uzbekistan, ca. 40km NE of Samarqand on 26 May at 06:08 UTC. USGS indicates shaking of up to "Very Strong" for ca. 25,000 people. As of early on 27 May there were no reports of serious damage or casualties.
- One day earlier, on 25 May, another earthquake of magnitude 5.5M at a depth of 9km hit 41km south of the capital Tashkent, causing slight damage and some power outages in the epicentre area as well as in Tashkent. This earthquake exposed another 24,000 people to "Very Strong" shaking.
USA – Floods (CNN, NWS)
- Heavy rainfall on 25 May (more than 200mm in 24h) in the area of San Antonio, Texas, caused floods that killed two people, submerged a number of roads and cut power to 12,000 homes. The rains subsided on 26 May but a Flood Warning remained in effect as of early on 27 May.
Syria – Crisis (ECHO)
- According to UNHCR, there are 1,560,919 Syrian refugees in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey, of which close to 1,000,000 are in Lebanon and Jordan.
- On average, some 8,000 Syrians are crossing into neighbouring countries and Egypt daily. On-going updates of humanitarian contingency and response plans by UN and NGOs estimate that 3.5 million Syrians could be seeking refuge in neighbouring countries by December 2013.
Meteoalarm – Red and Orange Alerts
- Heavy rain in SE Norway – Red Alert
- Strong winds in NE Austria – Orange Alert
- Heavy rain in the whole of Germany – Orange Alert
- Flood risk in northern Sweden – Orange Alert
Forest Fire risk in Europe (EFFIS)
- Very high or extreme risk in SW Spain, coastal southern Italy, central and northern Greece, central Turkey and southern Ukraine.
EFAS - Reported high discharges during the last 24 hours by National services
- Norway – still on-going high discharges in many rivers in southern Norway including downstream part of Glomma.
- Sweden: On-going high discharges in northern part of the country.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.