Saudi Arabia, Oman – Flash floods (BBC, AFP, Local Media, WMO)
- In Saudi Arabia, media reported (as of 1 May) 16 people killed (four of them in Baha) and four people missing due to the heavy rains of the last few days that caused flash floods in a number of areas, including Riyadh, Baha and Hail. In Bisha, ca. 95 mm of rain in 24h was observed on 1 May.
- In the neighboring Oman, two people died due to flash floods.
Jammu and Kashmir – Earthquake (GDACS, USGS, CNN, AP, AFP, Local Media)
- On 1 May at 06:57 UTC an earthquake of magnitude 5.4M at a depth of 9.8km hit near the city of Bhadarwah in Jammu and Kashmir. The epicenter was located 17 km NE of Bhadarwah, near the border between Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh (northern India). USGS-PAGER indicates shaking of up to “Strong” for ca. 34,000 people ("Moderate" shaking for Bhadarwah, pop. 13000).
- As of late 1 May, media reported 70 people injured and a number of buildings, including schools (25 children injured), damaged in the districts of Kishtwar and Doda in Jammu and Kashmir.
China – Severe weather (Chinese Government)
- Heavy rainfall has affected south east China since 28 April, resulting in floods that hit seven provinces. In Guangxi, Jiangxi, Hubei, Hunan, Sichuan, Guizhou and Chongqing as of early 2 May a total of 16 people have been killed (six of them in Guangxi, most heavily hit province), ca. 2,600 houses collapsed, more than 10,000 were damaged and large areas of cropland were inundated.
Forest Fire risk in Europe (EFFIS)
- Extreme or Very high risk of fire in southern Sicily (Italy), central coastal Greece, eastern Ukraine and Cyprus.
Meteoalarm – As of 06:00 UTC 02 May
- Strong winds in central Norway – Orange Alert
- EFAS – Reported high discharges during the last 24 hours by National services
- Poland: Ongoing high discharges on Bug, Vistula, Narew and Odra including tributaries. Discharge levels decreasing.
- Serbia: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Sava (decreasing), Danube (decreasing) and Tisa (decreasing) rivers.
- Croatia: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Danube (decreasing), Sava (decreasing) and Drava (increasing) rivers.
- Italy: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Po river.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.