Indonesia – Severe weather (BNPB, WMO)
- Heavy rainfall in central and northern Sumatra caused flash floods in Mandailing Natal district, Northern Sumatra, affecting 12 villages, injuring seriously six people and displacing ca. 800 others. More than 200mm of rain in 24h were recorded on 27 April in Rengat, central Sumatra.
France (Martinique) – Severe weather (COGIC, WMO)
- Heavy rainfall on 28 April in Martinique (59mm in 24h) caused the disappearance of one person swept away by floodwaters in Riviere-Pilote in the south of the island.
- The rains have also resulted in a sustained risk of landslides threatening six homes in Le Francois. Residents could be evacuated if the rains persist.
- On 29 April, the national authorities have issued an orange alert for heavy rains and thunderstorms.
EFAS – Reported high discharges during the last 24 hours by National services
- Poland: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 3 on Bug, Vistula and Narew, of alert level 2 on Vistula and Odra including tributaries
- Serbia: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Sava river (slowly increasing), of alert level 1 on the Danube (slowly increasing), Tisa (slowly increasing) rivers.
- Slovakia: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Bodrog and Latorica rivers (slowly decreasing).
Meteoalarm – as of 06h50 UTC
- No orange or red alerts as of 06h50
Forest Fire risk in Europe (EFFIS)
- Very high or extreme risk in southern Portugal, SE Romania, some areas in central Greece, the whole of Cyprus and eastern Ukraine.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.