Kenya – Landslides (Local Media/OCHA)
- Heavy rainfall caused landslides that killed two people in the SW Counties of Narok and Nyandarua on 22 April.
- Landslides and floods have also displaced a number of families in Nyeri and Kissi Counties, SW Kenya, on 21 April.
- The rainy season since early March in Kenya has affected 82,100 people and killed 52, according to OCHA.
Ecuador – Floods (SNGR, Local Media)
- Rains in the northern Province of Esmeraldas caused overflow of a number of rivers in the Canton of Quininde, affecting directly or indirectly ca. 3,000 families in the region.
- A number of small communities in Esmeraldas remain isolated because of rising floodwaters.
- In the Province of Los Rios 400 families were directly affected by floods, 30 were evacuated on 23 April and ca. 5,000 families remain isolated by the rising level of River Vinces.
Papua New Guinea – Earthquake (ECHO)
- An earthquake of magnitude 6.4 at a depth of 33 km occurred at New Ireland Region, Papua New Guinea on 23 April at 23:17 UTC.
- No known human loss of life. No known request for assistance. No tsunami warning.
EFAS: Reported floods during the last 24 hours (National Hydrological Services)
- Serbia: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Sava River (slowly decreasing), of alert level 1 on the Danube (stable), Tisa (stable) Rivers.
- Slovakia: Ongoing high discharges of alert level 1 on Bodrog, Latorica, Hron, Hornad Rivers and its tributaries (stable or slowly decreasing).
Meteoalarm – Yellow Alerts
- Estonia: Wind along the coastline at 15-18 m/s.
- Spain: Coastal event in south-western Spain, Ceuta and Melilla.
- Finland: winds along south coast, at 14-16 m/s.
- Norway: locally bad road conditions in the mountain passes due to strong wind and snow in mid- and southern Norway.
- Portugal: rain in the western part of the Azores.
- Sweden: floods due to snow melt in parts of mid-eastern Sweden; winds along south, south-east and south-west coast at 14-15 m/s.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.