Palestine, Gaza - Conflict (ECHO)
- Due to financial constraints, UNRWA had to stop a social safety net program that supported 100,000 out of the 800,000 poor refugee households in Gaza, who were receiving 40 USD per person per year.
- For some days demonstrations took place culminating with UNRWA's field office being stormed on 4 April. Consequently all relief and distribution centers will remain closed until guarantees are given by all relevant groups that UNRWA operations can continue unhindered.
Indonesia – Earthquake (GDACS, USGS, BNPB)
- A strong 7.0M earthquake at a depth of 68km hit central Papua province (Tolikara region) of Indonesia in the island of New Guinea on 6 April at 04:42 UTC. USGS-PAGER estimates ca. 4,000 people exposed to "Very Strong" shaking; the epicentre region is mountainous and rather sparsely populated.
- Although widely felt in the whole province, according to the Indonesian Disaster Management, ca. 2 hours after the event there were no reports of damage or casualties.
Democratic Republic of Congo – Severe weather (Local Media)
- Heavy rainfall in the city of Mbanza Ngungu in south-western DRC on 5 April caused five deaths from collapsed houses and flooded several others, according to local media reports. One death and extensive damage in the neighbourhood Realty Congo of the capital Kinshasa was also reported.
Angola – Severe weather (National Media)
Heavy rainfall hit capital Luanda on 6 April; nine people were reported killed by collapsed houses and another four were missing as of 7 April. Mostly hit were the urban districts of Samba and Kilamba Kiaxi, with more than 500 houses reported flooded.
Croatia – Floods (Civil Protection)
- Floods have hit Sisak county in central Croatia in the past few days, with several houses and roads flooded; the situation in some areas in the county is described as “critical” by the Civil Protection as of late on 7 April and an emergency has been declared in the city of Jasenovac.
- The water levels in the Sisak area are expected to remain stable or decrease in the following 3 days, according to the Croatian Civil Protection.
Meteoalarm – as of 06:30 UTC
- Coastal event in the NW tip of Spain – Orange Alert
- Heavy rain in NE Greece – Orange Alert
- Avalanche risk in northern Norway – Orange Alert
EFAS - Reported floods during the last 24 hours by National services
- Croatia: Ongoing floods on many Croatian rivers.
- Serbia: Ongoing floods of second level alert on Sava, of first alert level on the Danube, Tisa, Nera and Tamis rivers. Water levels are still rising.
- Slovenia: Ongoing floods of single alert level 1 on upper Krka and upper Ljubjanica rivers. Water levels are decreasing.
- Slovakia: Ongoing floods of alert level 2 on Latorica and Bodrog river - water levels are stable at high water level; and alert level 1 on some other rivers.
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.