Thailand – Severe weather (Thai government, Local Media, WMO)
- Strong wind and rain hit the northern region of Thailand on 4 March, with ca. 80mm of rain in 24h measured locally in the provinces of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai between 3 and 4 March. According to the national news bureau and the Disaster Warning Centre, as of 5 March 855 houses in the province of Chiang Rai and more than 300 in Phayao province were damaged.
Indonesia – Floods (BNPB, Local Media)
- The region of Jakarta was affected by heavy rainfall on 4 March (123mm in 24h measured in Bogor, 61mm in Jakarta), resulting in the overflow of Ciliwung river and flooding of some areas in the capital. As of early on 6 March ca. 16,000 people are reported affected in nine districts with 2,236 displaced housed in 16 evacuation centres. In the worst affected areas the floodwaters reached a height of 2.5m.
Meteoalarm – Orange Alerts
- Strong winds in western Austria, most of Switzerland, western and SE Italian peninsula including Sardinia and Sicily, northern Montenegro, NE Serbia and northern Slovakia – Orange Alert
- Heavy rain in NE Spain and southern continental Italy – Orange Alert
- Snow and ice in central Finland – Orange Alert
- Coastal events along the western Baltic coast of Finland, western Mediterranean coast of France and coastal Montenegro – Orange Alert
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.