Madagascar – Tropical Cyclone HARUNA (GDACS, BNGRC, Meteo France-Reunion, NASA)
- Tropical Cyclone HARUNA at 00:00 UTC on 21 February had a max. sustained wind speed of 175 km/h (equivalent to a Category 2) and its centre was located ca. 200 km W of the south-western coasts of Madagascar (ca. 220 km SW of Morombe).
- In the next 24h it is forecast to move SE, slightly strengthening; it might reach the coast of SW Madagascar on 22 February afternoon. Heavy rains and strong winds might affect SW Madagascar on 21-24 February. As of early 21 February, five districts of SW Madagascar were under “Avis de Danger imminent” (Morombe, Toliara I, Toliara II, Ampanihy and Betioky-Atsimo) and another 11 under “Avis de Menace” warning.
Philippines – Tropical Cyclone TWO (GDACS, PAGASA, NDRRMC, NASA)
- At 00:00 UTC on 21 February TWO was a tropical depression with a max. sustained wind speed of 47 km/h, its centre was located ca. 90 km SE of southern Palawan and it was moving W.
- In the next 24h it is forecast to continue moving W, passing Palawan, and start moving over the south China Sea, away from Philippines, weakening. As of early 21 February (UTC), a Public Storm Warning Signal #1 (winds 45-60 km/h) was still in effect for southern Palawan.
- Heavy rains affected parts of central and southern Philippines in the last couple of days, causing floods and landslides. As of early 21 February (UTC), there were: two dead, two missing, four injured, 12,689 people displaced in 18 evacuation centres, 87 houses damaged (two of them destroyed) and 146,041 people affected in 11 provinces of seven regions (mostly hit was Davao Region, with 107,430 people affected).
Meteoalarm – as of 07:30 UTC 21 February
- Coastal event in central and western Azores, Portugal – Orange Alert
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.