Indonesia – Floods and landslides (BNPB, WMO)
- Heavy rainfall affected southern and western Java on 21-22 November, causing floods and landslides that killed one person and inundated 1,000 houses in Cilacap, southern Java (98mm of rain in 24h on 21 November). Floods from overflowing rivers in the Jakarta area affected 5,400 people and displaced 139 in 15 villages in East, South and West Jakarta.
Uganda – Outbreak (ECHO)
- An Ebola outbreak was declared in Luwero (near Kampala), just a couple of weeks after a Marburg outbreak had been declared in Kabaale District. This is the third outbreak of Hemorrhagic Fever in Uganda in less than a year.
Nigeria – Floods (ECHO)
- While the waters are receding following the flooding in Nigeria, more than 2 million displaced people remain in need of emergency assistance.
Mauritania - Call for international assistance (ECHO)
- The Government of Mauritania has launched an appeal for international assistance to deal with the threat of a locust invasion in several parts of the country.
Kenya – Drought / Inter-communal violence (ECHO)
- With rainfall in October slightly above average, food security in Kenya is expected to improve in the coming months.
- Incidents of inter-communal, resource-based conflict in Kenya continue to affect most of the country. So far in 2012, over 400 people have been killed, 250 injured and 112,000 displaced from their homes.
UK – Severe weather - (BBC, UK Environment Agency, MetOffice)
- Heavy rainfall on 21 and 22 November caused flooding in many places in England, Scotland and Wales. One person died in Somerset after his vehicle was trapped by floodwater, some evacuations took place in Exeter, Devon and Cumbria and as of early on 23 November a number of roads and rail lines were still cut. As of same time, 91 flood warnings were in place, mainly in the Midlands and the Southwest.
- Metoffice has warned on 22 November that unsettled weather is expected to continue for the next few days, with more heavy rain and strong winds in many parts of the country.
- Low visibility in NW Poland – Orange Alert
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.