Mexico – Earthquake (GDACS, USGS, CNN)
- A 6.0M earthquake at a depth of 60 km hit 17 km NW of the city of Arcelia, in the state of Guerrero, southern Mexico, on 15 November at 09:20 UTC. According to USGS, shaking was only up to light. According to local media, as of 15 November afternoon (UTC) there was no damage caused, apart from some power cuts in Acapulco and 2 people who were injured while running out of buildings.
Angola – Floods (AFP, Media)
- Heavy rain hit the western and southern parts of Angola since 10 November; one person is reported killed and another missing and 166 houses as well as a number of schools and roads were flooded in the capital Luanda. Another 5 persons were reported killed in rain-related incidents in the cities of Benguela and Lubango.
Italy – Floods - UPDATE (ANSA)
- The number of casualties by the heavy rainfall and ensuing floods that hit central Italy on 11-12 November rose to 5, after another death was recorded near Capalbio in Toscana. Additional damage in the road network was still unveiled as of November 15; according to authorities of the province of Grosseto quoted in the media, the infrastructure damage cost is estimated at 225 million euros.
- Heavy rain in SW Spain - Orange Alert
- Thunderstorms in southern Italy - Orange Alert
- Low visibility in northern Montenegro and in the whole southern half of Poland - Orange Alert
- Strong winds in Madeira, Portugal - Orange Alert
Re-use is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.